Saturday, April 5, 2008

Emergency Preparation



I know this is a really boring subject line and alot of us feel like its unimportant but I am finaly getting started and for those who are doing it here is a cheap idea. So my mom and dad went up to the cabin for conference and I wasn't able to go but I did get to go with my Mother and sister in law to their family get together and we had a little emergency preparation class. One of the things we made were little home made heaters. You buy one of those small little paint cans, cheap toilet paper, 77% rubbing alcohol, a lighter and duct tape. Put the roll of toilet paper in the can and fill it until the roll is saturated and almost submerged in the alcohol, then seal the lid down by pounding it with a rubber mallet and duct tape the lighter and a coin (to open can) to the can and you have a 12 hour heater. You can use it for a while and then seal it back up and use it more later too. The top pic gives a good idea of what they look like and the bottom pic is my sister in law Angie ("drinking the alcohol") and Becca my cousin. Anywho -pretty cool and cheap. Just thought I'd pass that one on.

1 comment:

Barb said...

That is a great idea! I'll have to make a couple of our 72 hour kits.

Photo Album