Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Golden Beauties

So I know it sounds funny but I've wanted to try and make onion rings for a long time. I used to hate onions but as my taste buds have grown up, I started to love them as long as they are cooked. So when I saw some onions at the store bigger than grapefruits I HAD to buy them. They turned out to be the best onion rings I've ever tasted and so pretty.... so ya I'm weird but it was post worthy in my head. The one on the left is a normal sized ring for reference of just how huge they were.

3 comments:

Curtis & Elise said...

They look delicious. Good job. I have to say, I also have long wanted to make home-made onion rings. I'm impressed.

ChrissyLee said...

i want a good onion ring recipe!!!

Jake & Becca said...

Couldn't be easier, I just used a packet of McCormick Golden Dipt fry easy All-purpose Batter where you just add water and dip the sliced onions in it and then some of the powder and fry in oil. I made some fry sauce to dip them in and the onions were those yellow sweet onions. Make sure you have someone else to help you eat them though cause they are that good and if you ate them all by yourself you might get sick!

Photo Album