Thursday, August 12, 2010

Su-more!

We had quite the April snow storm so we decided that Lyndi's snow man "Alpha" needed a new friend. Meet "Awkward" the snowman... yes Lyndi picks out these awesome names all by herself! Then we have some pics of the cute rain gear Gwama Mac got for Lyndi's birthday and Kelly's 50th Birthday celebration. Last but not least the epic battle of easter egg wars, some awesome Pokemon eggs Jake decorated, and Lyndi and Daddy easter morning.













































































































































On a more personal note I feel like there are some things to mention that we don't have pictured but definitely impacted us that spring. I'm a planner if you didn't know (meaning I like to make plans in my head of what to expect in the future). Most of the time Jake and I are on the same page with these plans and sometimes I make my own hopeful plans and Jake is nice enough to try and humor me on most occasions. as far as our Law school, living, and work plans we were agreed that Jake would take the Bar in February (which he had been taking extra classes and working really hard to be able to do for the past 2 1/2 years) then once he had passed that, I could quit and we could move back into our house in May when our renter's contract was up. I also had my plan to be pregnant in time to have a baby hopefully by March (Jake was thinking April or May so as to not cut it too close to the Bar). So when the FBI lost Jake's background check paperwork and time after time things were delayed beyond his control to the point we were going to have to wait until July to take the bar, you can imagine how our little plan crumbled. On top of that we went 8 months with no luck on the pregnancy thing. Emotionally that was really hard on me for a couple reasons. We got pregnant with Lyndi right away so I kind of expected the same thing. Then we had been off birth control for a couple years and I had been secretly hoping it would just happen and was ready to have another one for that long already. Then I had some friends who were trying for years and I kept worrying that their might be something wrong now and that we wouldn't be able to get pregnant again. I know that there are so many who have suffered much worse and know that my Heavenly Father was very aware of how much I could handle. I received many blessings from family members praying for me, fasting, church lessons, and priesthood blessings that got me through. So I kept working and Jake worked more and started studying for the bar for the second time so he wouldn't lose any of the knowledge he had started accumulating with the first course. It seemed like a huge set back at the time but of course it all worked out. I am now 30 weeks pregnant with our 2nd little girl, Jake just finished the bar and I will be able to be a stay at home mommy in October. I have gained such a respect for working mothers, people who struggle with infertility, my husband who works so hard to be able to provide for our family, and especially my father in heaven who I know loves me and knows what is best for our little family. It has been hard to have my family gone through out these trials but I have had amazing support form people around me here, from them even though they are far and my savior Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

it's about time you started to blog again. i like to read about how you are doing but i like to hear about it in person more. let's plan another time to see each other soon, eh?

Andrea said...

Becca! Congrats! You know Bethany just shared a story on her blog about the Lord's timing in getting pregnant- it was awesome. Thanks for sharing your story- you never know when some people need to hear it. :) My blog went private a little bit ago but e-mail me your address and I'll send you an invite. andreadustin at gmail.com. I hope Jake passes the bar okay! Lyndi is darling. Good luck with everything!
PS- Those cakes were incredible. I thought for sure you had bought them from a bakery.

Barb said...

I love all the updates and pics!! Infertility is the worst - I've been there, it's hard - even if it's only for 8 months. And it amazing how the Lord's time table is always best and things always work out - thanks for sharing your testimony! Miss you guys!

Photo Album