Monday, January 17, 2011

Playtime and field trips





I helped Lyndi and her friend Ashley build a fort/restaurant. They watched a movie on the little mini dvd player while they ate Ramen noodles, Caprisuns and fruit snacks. They thought it was the coolest thing ever and it was a good distraction while I put away all the Christmas decorations. Lyndi really wanted to keep up everything Christmas indefinitely but it was time. Then the field trip we went on with her pre-school was to Great Harvest and a dentist office. I was so proud of her because she volunteered to be the helper at the dentist and she even followed all the rules at the bakery. They were supposed to hold onto the big bowl all the time unless they were in a line following the lady. It has been really fun for me to do things like this with her because I felt like I missed out on a lot of the mom and me things when I was working. Its definitely been busier than I thought since I stopped work, with two now, but its been wonderful. I've gone back a couple days to fill in for someone while they were on vacation but that has been it. My sister Emily is living with us and that has made things so much easier. I have so much respect for mothers who do it alone. I don't know if I could. Turns out I'm not as patient, fun, or talented as I thought I'd be as a mother. Growing up with 8 sibblings even doesn't prepare you for being THE MOM. I'm glad that its something I can continually work on and that no one (husband) included really expects me to be perfect right away. I LOVE "working out of my home" being mommy. Most of all I LOVE my girls!

1 comment:

Devin & Ruthann said...

Yeah, I'm not as patient, fun, or as talented as I thought I'd be as a mom either:)

Photo Album