Friday, September 26, 2008

The Best Husband/Dad Ever

So it’s a little late because my first 3 attempts were erased. But Jake’s 25th birthday was the 22nd and I’m finally able to redo this. I think it’s about time I let him and any curious reader know how much I appreciate and absolutely adore my sweet Jacob. I’ll try not to get too mushy but no promises since some of you might already think I have. Starting at the beginning seems appropriate so I’ll tell you the first (non physical thing that drew me to Jake. The first idea I had of Jake was that he had a reputation for being a really genuinely nice guy. I also thought he was kind of quiet just because I didn’t know him so when I saw his impromptu dance in the high school fashion show I saw that he had a crazy fun side. Then the thing that sealed the deal (or started me pursuing him) was when he asked me to dance at senior cotillion and I felt more comfortable talking to him than any other boy before. Since then I have been shown more and more amazing attributes that only a girl would dream of in a husband and best friend. So now to keep this from being a kind of long picture less post I hate reading I’m going to show some of his highlights through pictures.














So one of the things I love most about Jake is that no matter how old we get and how mature we are supposed to be, we will always have fun and be like childhood best friends having fun!



Another thing that I love and that I think is a very important attribute for a Dad and Husband is their ability to make you feel beautiful (no matter how contrarily pregnant you feel), loved and special to him.

His worthiness in the church is very important. Also his aspirations to always improve and get better together, the goal being to ultimately return to our Heavenly Father as an eternal family.

What an awesome, fun, loving, caring, and patient Dad he is!

One of the things that sealed the deal when deciding who to marry is how great he is with my family and how much he cherishes his own family ties.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Aw you guys are so cute! I love all of your cute pictures! Well, as for my braces, they are the Delta Force brackets, I don't know if they are self ligating...because I'm not an ortho nerd ;) jk I just never asked! But they work really well, my teeth have moved a ton and I'm still only on my second wire!

Michelle said...

Remember when I had a crush on him at Senior Cotillion too....er.. I mean..you found yourself a great guy but you also deserve all the love and good things he gives you!

I love you both.

KILEY said...

Sounds like you made a pretty good choice. I am glad he and I can both be additions to the fam!

Photo Album