Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy and Hopeful



So Jake and I just celebrated our 3 year anniversary a couple weeks ago and were able to go to a fancy dinner because we recieved a gift certificate. We had some amazing steak(the best part for Jake), sweet potato casserole, shoestring potatoes, and a complimentary chocolate suffle and creme with fresh berries (the best part for me). Also my Dad went in for an emergency surgery and ended up finding out it was caused by a large B cell lymphoma tumor. The news was quite a suprise to our family and its been scary while we wait for all the testing and answers to questions. The prognosis is very positive though and we are all very hopeful. This type of cancer is very treatable and even cureable with chemotherapy. We are very blessed to have such a faitful and supportive family. Also my family has recieved many meals and services from those in their ward and neighborhood. Thank you to all and keep him in your prayers.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Marriage is AWESOME!

(Really, I'm being serious. I really, really loved being married)

Charise said...

I can't believe it has been three years for you guys! congrats! To answer your question. I have just done my scrapbooking stuff at boutiques that Julie and I have done. I haven't had time to do anything online, but Julie has, so check with her. I know she has used a website called Etsy.com, which is where you can sell home made products. :) Julie will show ya the ropes! :)

Julie said...

Congrats on the 3rd year! That is just amazing... and so many more to come. Also, I will be thinking of your dad and family, hope all goes well. On another note, just got your message. My website is www.BabyBeJeweled.Etsy.com and if there is something that you want from there, you can just sign up for Etsy and pay through paypal with even just a debit or credit card(without a pay pal account) but if you want something custom or are curoius of what else I might have, just let me know. I have tons that is not on etsy too. I can take pics or whatever is easiest for you. If you want to just email me, my email is babybejeweled@hotmail.com Hope that made sense:) So good to hear from you becca!

The Cassel Family said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. Im glad you got to do something fun to celebrate! Sorry about your dad! I hope his treatment process goes well and he recovers quickly...God bless!

Cassie

The Cassel Family said...

PS I agree about having a play date. We are still thinking about Cherry Hill passes, so, if we do it we will have to play alot!

Caren and Dustin Robison said...

Hey guys... I found your blog through facebook (I just love seeing what old friends are up too). Congrats on three years! Sorry to hear about your dad Becca. Looks like life is treating you well. Where are you living?

Anonymous said...

Hey Becca.. Can you belive how quickly time goes by? Alan and I are coming up on 6 years!! Congrats! It really is the best thing ever (being married)!
I hope your dad is doing well! It's amazing what faith can do! Hope all goes well!!

Barb said...

Happy 3 years you two!

So sorry about your dad. I really hope thing go well - you'll be in our prayers.

Addie May said...

Happy 3 years! Doesn't it go by fast? I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope everything turns out ok for him. Keep us updated!

Photo Album